Ms. Charlene Takeuchi “Ms. T”
Charlene, affectionately known as “Ms. T” in her role as Supervising Counselor at STMS starting 2018, and has been our School Counselor since 2008 providing counseling support & interventions. She provides staff, students and their families support; in-service trainings; and group trainings as requested or needed. She brings 40+ years experience in Education, Counseling & Therapy, Family System Advocacy, and Business Administration.
Ms. T possesses her Master of Art (MA) in Counseling & Applied Behavioral Science from Bastyr University; a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Vocational Rehabilitation; Certification & Licensure as a Special Education Teacher K12. She holds licenses in WA State as a LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor) and as a LMFT (Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist). She is also a WA State Approved Supervisor providing supervision for master & doctoral level clinicians pursuing LMHC, LMFT, LCSW licensure.
Since 2008, Charlene has maintained and provided:
- Clinical Family Systems & Individual Therapy via her private Family Systems practice in Mukilteo (CSimpleWorks, PLLC) as a LMHC / LMFT;
- Supportive Counseling to STMS staff and students & their families in the service of their child’s education experience as School Counselor;
- Supervises master-level Counseling Intern(s) from Bastyr University at STMS who are pursuing full licensure;
- Teaches Master/Doctoral level counseling students at Bastyr University, and, Supervises Master/Doctoral level counseling students at Bastyr Clinic of Natural Health.
- Clinical Director of advocacy support services / Case Management to pregnant & parenting mothers substance addicted in Kitsap County PCAP and currently King County PCAP (parent child assistance program), which is deemed “Essential Needs” in WA State as of 2017, and is located in 15 counties in WA State.
Her Philosophy: “God doesn’t make junk!” and “Every problem has a solution!”.